Monday, October 23, 2006

Weekend de Mullet

I need one of those shirts that say "I Survived Mullet Festival!" What a weekend!

This was my third Mullet Festival in Niceville... and it was, I think, one of the biggest! There were so many people there! Every night was packed!

Friday, Mike and I headed up there to put up our banners. Did you notice? They were everywhere! The top of my head got sun burned and a Niceville Police Officer was looking at me funny when we put a banner right in front of his post. Mike will have to tell you that story. Blake Shelton rocked the show! I don't think anybody noticed when I was on stage, that Blake's mic stand stood taller than me!
I can't believe the number of people inside the festival on Saturday night. Lonestar was that evening's entertainment. Ran into these two girls that were huge country music and Country 105.5 fans, so much that they got jackets made just for the Mullet Festival. I brought them backstage to meet the band and they just flipped with joy! It's always great to see there are still some crazy wild country fans out there!


Well, I made it to Sunday's show, with just a little steam left. People were still suprised that Travis Tritt was there since he was added to the lineup late. He was on stage for two and a half hours! What a great show, one of the best I've ever seen. He played all of his music, some Cash, some Waylon... pretty awesome way to wrap up the show.

I ate lots of food, rode some rides, met lots of listeners... oh, and I didn't run anybody over this year with the van... that's good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...