Friday, October 20, 2006

First Sara Drama... Now Urban Drama...

BREAKING NEWS: Keith Urban Back in Rehab

Keith Urban, who has been open about his past struggles with cocaine and alcohol, checked himself into an unidentified rehab facility last night (Thursday). New wife Nicole Kidman, who had been in Rome promoting a film, Fur, was by his side. In a statement released today (Friday), Keith says, "I deeply regret the hurt this has caused Nicole and the ones that love and support me. One can never let one's guard down on recovery and I'm afraid that I have. With the strength and unwavering support I am blessed to have from my wife, family and friends, I am determined and resolved to a positive outcome."

Keith once said of addiction, "I don't know that you ever beat it." This isn't his first trek into rehab -- he did a stint after his trio, The Ranch, disbanded in 1998. A bio on a fan site, [UrbanIntensity.com], quotes Keith as saying, "I started finding solace in unhealthy things as a way to just kind of deal with it, you know...What started out as a recreation became a little more evil...It got to the point where I was just physically a wreck and it was time to do something." After a stint in rehab, he emerged, he later said, with a renewed love for making music.

Although Keith's new C-D, Love, Pain and the Whole Crazy Thing, is still set to arrive in stores November 7th, his appearances to promote it have been postponed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...