Thursday, October 19, 2006

This is soooo cool...if you're a big nerd like me

I stumbled upon something yesterday while surfing around Woot! They had a GPS device on there for sale. Typically, I wouldn't care much about GPS, but I saw a site called geocaching.com in the forum discussion.

Turns out, geocaching is a fairly popular activity. I call it "glorified treasure hunting." You need a GPS to play. Other enthusiasts hide "caches" everywhere around the world. They give you the coordinates and you go find it! It will have a log book in there to document your presence and you take an item out of the box and replace it with an item of yours.

I think treasure hunting is so much fun... and surprisingly there are tons of caches here in the Emerald Coast area. There is one at the cemetary in Ft. Walton Beach, the Mary Esther nature trail, and tons more, the searching never ends!

So as soon as my wife will let me buy one, I'll see you on the trail...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...