Wednesday, January 09, 2013

The Dog Stars: Book Review

As you read in my previous post, I have started reading books like a crazy wild man.  While I don't have a firm grasp of the English language, I'd love to share my thoughts on books I read and hopefully encourage you to check it out (or stay away)  Would love to get your feedback on these reviews and your thoughts on the book if you have read it too!  Enjoy!

The (real) end of the world isn't always the topic of choice around the coffee table or something you really think about...the what if's... The Dog Stars goes there and visits the aftermath of the near end of the world.  I say near, because this is the story of what happens after the human population destroyed, except for the relative few that made it out alive.

The Dog Stars is anything but a bleak story about an apocolypse, very believable in what could happen if catastrophic superflu ever happened... old gas, solar power, fighting and killing for the world's remaining food and supplies. The story follows Hig and his search for life, adventure and even love.

I found myself ripping through this book, with obstacles that arise, the deep characters Hig meets, Hig's dog and co-pilot, and the struggles of being isolated from everything you used to know.  A very positive experience given the nature of what's going on where the survivors are driven back into the stone ages.

The Dog Stars gets 5 stars and I hear it's going to be turned into a movie... which I could easily see.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...