Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 = One Epic Ride!

2012... The year the world was supposed to end... I rode this year, like it was my last.  2013's got some big shoes to fill... I'm ready for the task!

It was a year of personal change for me... maybe it was turning 35, or just the experiences that found me and changed me.  Maybe I just wanted to do something different.

I started 2012 at 202 lbs... the heaviest I've ever weighed...  I started feeling run down, slower.  I had enough.   I made a major change in my diet.  Stopped eating fast food, fried food, soft drinks, and cut down on sweets... It wasn't so hard to make the changes... Now, I don't even miss it, don't want it, and prefer my fruits and veggies over Big Macs and salty french fries.  The result: dropped down to the lowest I've weighed since high school:  175.  (178 after Christmas, haha)

Started reading books.  Now I can't quit and prefer reading over watching TV and video games.  I've read more books in the past 6 months than my entire life.  I've got a lot of catching up to do.  Reading nearly a book a week.  My favorites this year:  The Dog Stars, Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, and books about WWII.  Follow me on GoodReads

Got to visit New York, Chicago, and San Francisco.

Celebrated 10 years married to my wife.  As in all relationships, there are the ups and downs, but she has made everything worth it along the way.  Plus, get to see my three kids grow and learn new stuff everyday.

Rebuilt a car... my 1979 MGB.  It runs ok, still lots of work to go.  I can at least drive it to work.

Discovered myself... a new self.



So what's next?  2013's gonna have to get busy to catch up to '12.
  • I lost 25+ pounds because of diet, however didn't do any exercise.  So I'm going to step it up a notch and sweat a little.
  • Learn to play guitar.  This one has been one of those to-do's that I never get to... 
  • Write more.  Not a book, (yet) but back to this blog.  I enjoy writing, but just haven't made it a priority.
  • Try to knock off one more item of my bucket list.
Happy New Year to you!  Make it your mission to do something different in 2013...You have 365 new days ...go for it!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...